MED in Uganda Program
MED (MIIC Enterprise Development) in Uganda program is a business incubation initiative by Makerere Innovation and Incubation
Centre (MIIC) in collaboration with Village Capital
and supported by dfcu bank
. It is aimed at supporting product-market launch for startups and businesses in Uganda.
The program targets businesses, startups and innovations with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)/ Working Prototype
in sectors such as
FinTech, Financial Services, Real Estate, Tourism, Leisure and travel, Transport & Logistics, Mobility, Agritech/Farm tech, Agribusiness, HealthCare, Health-Tech
,E-Learning, Edtech, E-Commerce, Retail, Waste Management & Recycling, AdTech, HR & Recruitment, IT and Software Services, E-Entertainment etc.
The focus is on Go-To-Market strategy development to enable businesses launch their products and acquire customers quickly.
This will involve supporting the entrepreneurs and innovators through a 2 months incubation bootcamp of market research, product development,
talent matching, marketing hacks, business development and seed investment.
The program targets 50 startups/business per cohort with a USD 2,000 and USD 1,000 seed investment for 2 selected startups
,open funding opportunities and co-creation linkages to MIIC investors, partners and ecosystem builders for all participating startups/businesses.
- ● Ugandan startups/groups with innovations/businesses beyond the concept stage (Minimum Viable Product/Prototype)
- ● Registered business or a group that is willing to register their innovation as a business.
- ● At least 2 team members to participate in the program.
- ● At least one full time and dedicated founder.
- ● Willing to pay USD 140 (UGX 500,000) for assisted market research during the program.
- ● Seed funding (Customer Aquisition Support fund) up to USD 2,000.
- ● Business digitalization services.
- ● Market Research Services.
- ● Mentorship from industry experts.
- ● Access to Co-working Space (Office Contact Desk).
- ● Access to a network of MIIC partners and investors.
- ● Access to MIIC talent networks such as developers, digital markers etc.
Product and market hacking bootcamps/workshops, Field Market Research, Demo Days and Investment pitches.
This program was recently(2021) supported by the Mastercard Foundation - Young Africa Works for the COVID Response and Resilience Program.
Over 100 entrepreneurs were mentored, Over 20 businesses were supported, Over 100 direct
& indirect Jobs were created.