MIIC Startup Fest
UNLOCKING UGANDA’S NEXT GENERATION OF ENTERPRISES
Makerere Innovation and Incubation Center, has organized its first investment pitch dubbed The MIIC STARTUP FEST
MIIC Startup Fest is an entrepreneurial pitch where budding entrepreneurs get five minutes to pitch their businesses/solutions to a review panel in a 10 minute pitch.
A distiguished panel will analyze, evaluate, score each enterprise to establish viability and investment readiness.
- Program Director Refactory Uganda and Program Coordinator School of Business and Applied Technology at Clarke International University.
Dr. Joshua Mutambi
- Commissioner- Processing and Marketing Department Directorate of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives.
- Inclusive Digital Economy Expert at United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF).
- Co-Founder and CEO of Hostalite Ltd. Ronald K Ssekajja- Programme Manager at DFCU Bank.
- IT Service Delivery Manager at DFCU Bank
- An Economist and M&E at MOICT & NG
The aim of this event is to;
AIM OF THE EVENT:
- To encourage creativity among Ugandans and provide the youth with the inspiration, courage, confidence and information to start their own ventures and work towards sustainability.
- To attract venture capitalists, investors to invest in the numerous ideas that Uganda has to offer as well as give exposure to the startups which can act as a foundation to success.
- To analyze and evaluate the ideas and businesses developed by these startups and give advice of whether to carry on or pivot in order to attain sustainability.